SWAP (Sports With a Purpose)
2020-2021 Futsal Academy- Coed
For Ages 9-13 and High School
1:20 minutes training sessions: Technical/physical/tactical aspects of the game
- Training Dates- TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS, FRIDAYS
8 to 10 Training sessions- If cancelled due to bad weather, unfortunately, we CANNOT make them up
- TUESDAYS: HIGH SCHOOL AGE TRAINING SESSIONS AT TRINITY LUTHERAN( 30888 Co Rd 6, Elkhart, IN 46516)
- Sessions #1: 6-7:20 PM (in General for Freshman and Sophomores) [20 spots available] (FULL)
- Session #2: 7:30-9– ( Generally for Juniors, and Seniors) [20 spots available] (FULL)
- Dates: 11/10, (SKIP 11/17), 11/24, 12/03(Thursday), (SKIP 12/8), 12/15, 12/17(Thursday), (Christmas Break), 01/05/21, 01/12, 01/19, 01/26, 02/04( Thursday)
- Cost: $110
- *Please sign up and for the high school session and you will be placed on the 1st or 2nd session shortly after. At that point you can accept or deny the placement.
- 2. WEDNESDAYS AT ST THOMAS SCHOOL- 1331 N Main St, Elkhart, IN 46514
- Sessions #1: 6-7:20 PM (20010/2009’S)) [20 spots available]( FULL)
- Session #2: 7:30-9PM( 2007 AND 2008’S)– [20 spots available] ( FULL)
- Dates: 12/2, 12/9, 12/16, ( Christmas Break), 1/6/21, 1/13, 1/20, 1/27, 02/03, 02/10
- Cost: $100
- 3. FRIDAYS: PLAYERS BORN 2008 to 2011- AT TRINITY LUTHERAN( 30888 Co Rd 6, Elkhart, IN 46516)
- Sessions #1: 6-7:20 PM (Players Born 2010 and 2011) [20 spots available]( FULL)
- Session #2: 7:30-9– (Players Born 2009 and 2008) [20 spots available]( FULL)
- Dates: 11/06/20, 11/13, (skip 11/20 and 11/27), 12/08(Tuesday), 12/11, 12/18, (Christmas Break), 01/08/21, 01/15, 01/22, 01/29, 02/05
- Cost: $110.
Our typical training sessions Structure (It may vary)
- 15 minutes – dynamic warm up, physical conditioning( strength training, agility ladders, speed/quickness work)
- 35 minutes- individual & tactical training ( moves, movement off the ball, futsal tactics)
- 20 minutes- games
- 10 minutes- Real Life Conversations (coach life lesson on traits that are valuable on and off the court/field: excellence, discipline, sacrifice, work ethic, selfless leadership, responsibility, contentment, etc.
If interested, please register RIGHT AWAY- Registration does not guarantee you a spot. We will have to wait and see ages/levels who register to give us an idea on how to set up sessions. You will receive an email confirming your acceptance into the program within 2 weeks of signing up- At that point you will be required to pay
|To guarantee your spot, REGISTER ONLINE HERE as soon as possible. Signing up does not guarantee you a spot. But you will know at the latest by 10/25 if there’s space in the program, then you will need to make the payment online by 10/31 or lose your spot as there will most likely be a waiting list to get in|
Instruction on how to register on the registration website:
Contact Bruno de Jesus at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text at 574-329-4295 if you have any questions
Because it is played in a space about the size of a basketball court, players are forced to be constantly moving. Additionally, because it is played with a heavier ball, it forces the players to play the “Jogo Bonito”, with the ball on the ground, instead of relying on unpredictable kicks up the field/court.
The most technically advanced soccer players of all time grew up playing futsal: Ronaldo, Ronaldinho Gaucho, Neymar, Iniesta, Robinho, amongst others.
Here is a video of a SWAP team playing in a regional tournament- SWAP 03/04 vs ABK Grand Rapids- Feb 2016