SWAP (Sports With a Purpose)
2019-2020 Futsal Academy- Boys and Girls
For Ages 9 to High School
1:20 minutes training sessions: Technical/physical/tactical aspects of the game
- Training Dates- MONDAYS, TUESDAYS, WEDNESDAYS
8 to 10 Training sessions cancelled due to bad weather will NOT be made up
- MONDAYS: Location: Mary Beck Elementary -818 McDonald St, Elkhart, IN 46516
- Sessions #1 – 6-7:20 pm . Session 2- 7:30-9 pm – for HIGH SCHOOL players [12 spots available]
- Dates: 11/11(2PM UPDATE- CANCELLED DUE TO WEATHER) , 11/18, 12/02, 12/9, 12/16, (Xmas break), 01/06/20, 01/13, (skip 1/21), 01/27, 02/03, 02/10
- Cost: $110.
- TUESDAYS: Location: Community Church of Edwardsburg, 28647 US-12, Edwardsburg, MI 49112- FULL
- 6:30p-8pm- for players born in 2008, 2009, and 2010
- Dates( 7 sessions only): 11/05, 11/12, 11/19, 12/03, 12/10, 12/17, 01/07/20
- Cost: $80
- WEDNESDAYS: Location: Mary Beck Elementary -818 McDonald St, Elkhart, IN 46516
- Session #1 6-7:20PM- for players born 2008, 2009, 2010 ( 10 spots available)
- Session #2 7:30-9PM- for players born 2006, and 2007 ( 5 spots available)
- Dates: 11/06, 11/13, 11/20, 12/04, 12/11(CANCELLED), 12/18, (Xmas break), 01/08/20, 01/15, 01/22, 01/29, 2/5
- Cost: $110.
*This program is funded by business sponsorships to help keep costs low. As an incentive, any parent who secures a sponsorship of $300 or more, and it’s received before 12/31/2019, will get 50 off of their academy fee travel team fee. Here is the SPONSORSHIP LETTER
Our typical training sessions Structure (It may vary)
- 15 minutes – dynamic warm up, physical conditioning( strength training, agility ladders, speed/quickness work)
- 35 minutes- individual & tactical training ( moves, movement off the ball, futsal tactics)
- 20 minutes- games
- 10 minutes- Real Life Conversations (coach life lesson on traits that are valuable on and off the court/field: excellence, discipline, sacrifice, work ethic, selfless leadership, responsibility, contentment, etc.
If interested, please register RIGHT AWAY- Registration does not guarantee you a spot. We will have to wait and see ages/levels who register to give us an idea on how to set up sessions. You will receive an email confirming your acceptance into the program within 2 weeks of signing up- At that point you will be required to pay
|To guarantee your spot, REGISTER ONLINE HERE as soon as possible. Signing up does not guarantee you a spot. But you will know at the latest by 10/30 if there’s space in the program, then you will need to make the payment online by 11/5 or lose your spot as there will most likely be a waiting list to get in|
Instruction on how to register on the registration website:
Contact Bruno de Jesus at email@example.com, or call/text at 574-329-4295 if you have any questions
Because it is played in a space about the size of a basketball court, players are forced to be constantly moving. Additionally, because it is played with a heavier ball, it forces the players to play the “Jogo Bonito”, with the ball on the ground, instead of relying on unpredictable kicks up the field/court.
The most technically advanced soccer players of all time grew up playing futsal: Ronaldo, Ronaldinho Gaucho, Neymar, Iniesta, Robinho, amongst others.
Here is a video of a SWAP team playing in a regional tournament- SWAP 03/04 vs ABK Grand Rapids- Feb 2016